Downtown San Diego continues to offer some really good purchases for those looking under $300,000. While many of them are “short sale” and require a lot of waiting, I have found 10 that are either Bank Owned (REO) or traditional sales. These are updated from Sandicor MLS and if the listing information does not appear it is because it has gone sale pending.
1. Gaslamp City Square is right in the Gaslamp district close to restaurants and entertainment. Financing can be somewhat challenging but I really like these units plus the HOA fees are only $284.00.
2. The Discovery Building built by Bosa Development is one of my favorites tucked away in the Cortez Hill District.
3. Atria is one of my favorite low rise buildings right across the street from Ralphs Signature Market and in the heart of the Marina District. HOA fees are $393.00 per month and you can’t beat the location.
4. If you want more square feet and a low rise building Marina Park is defiantly one building you should look at. It is close to one of my favorite coffee shops – The Brickyard and located in the Marina District.
[idx-listing mlsnumber="110027329" showfeatures="true"]
5. Another great location in the Marina District is Crown Bay located just out of the Gaslamp District in the Marina District. This is a bank owned unit ready for sale.
6. If you are looking for a brand new unit Breeza is one of the best for location located in the Columbia District close to Little Italy.
7. Like The Discovery – The Loft is tucked away on Cortez Hill and has a few units that are being sold by the developer. I often walk up to Cortez for exercise and it always reminds me a bit of San Francisco. Right across the street is Tweet Park.
8. Tucked away between The Gaslamp District and East Village close to Petco park is another hidden treasure known as Trellis. I really like this building and location and this is a traditional sale.
9. When I first moved to Downtown I rented a place in Icon just across the street from Petco Park. This property has “first look” initiative through 5/26/2011 and has incentives through Home Path. The gym at Icon is one of the best and the building is very well managed and this unit is Bank Owned.
Finally one of my favorite buildings in East Village called M2i. This is another traditional sale and is located only 2 blocks from Petco park.